Some of the following are for study abroad, but others are meant to assist you financially here. Find out what might be the best and apply. One thing is certain—if you don't apply, you will not win these awards.
The department administers awards for students to participate in SEALS Japan. For more information on SEALS Japan and SEALS Japan Scholarships, see https://deall.pitt.edu/resources/seals.
Find out scholarship opportunities at the Asian Studies Center:
Additional sources of scholarships include:
- Nationality Room Scholarships at Pitt
- PittGlobal study abroad scholarships
- Pittsburgh Foundation
- Monbusho Scholarships (for undergraduate and graduate students interested in study or research in Japan)
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships (three scholarship types for undergraduate and graduate students)
- Taiwan's Ministry of Education Mandarin Enrichment Scholarship Program for studying in Taiwan.
- Critical Language Scholarship is for undergraduate and graduate students studying Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Boren Awards is a program of the National Security Education Program
- Phi Kappa Phi
- University Honors College Scholarships
- Gilman Scholarship, if you receive Federal Pell Grant
- Freeman USA, if you demonstrate financial need